Super-Kid Zesty Nutrient-Rich Energy Bars
- 1/4-1/2 cup of raw honey / maple syrup/ agave nectar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp of ginger grated (or for not so zesty bars … squeeze out the juice only)
- ¼ ? apple puree (if using… alternatively use dates chopped see dry ingredients)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 5-6 dates, chopped (only if not using apple puree see wet ingredients)
- 1/2 cup of quinoa (cooked Al dente) –just shy of ¼ cup dry cook for about 10 minutes and strain. Be sure to rinse dry quinoa first.
- 3 tbsp of Cacao powder or for a not so chocolatey bar try almond flour instead
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp maca powder
- 1 Tbsp of camu camu powder or other super c powder; baobab/pomegranate etc.
- 2-4 Tbsp of goji berries or other tasty berries such as Incan or mulberries etc.
Place the dry ingredients in the blender/processor and lightly chop
Add all wet ingredients together, then combine with dry in a bowl
Stir in the remaining ingredients and pour into a 6x6 pan or similar
Refrigerate for several hours, cut into bars and enjoy!
FOR NUT FREE BARS use hemp seeds, sunflower and pumpkin instead of the nuts here and for a crunchier bar, skip the blending.